The Lab Tech is responsible for maintaining the laboratory and executing R&D experiments as directed by the designated supervisor. The technician may also be involved in the Pilot facility operations as determined by company needs and directed by the CTO.
We highly value experience in the following areas: wild-type bacteria fermentation, bioreactor operation, extraction, technology scale-up, bioplastics (polyhydroxyalkanoates in particular), and green chemistry. Since the Full Cycle process does not use Genetically Modified Organisms, we do not consider experience with gene editing/CRISPR9/etc. to be necessary for success in the role.
Please note that this is a pre-Masters degree level position.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Ensure Safe and Efficient Lab Operations
- Follow safe operating practice within the laboratory according to Full Cycle and Partner safety protocols
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all laboratory areas, equipment, and reporting tools
Support Company Research & Development Activities
- Follow supervisor direction for execution of research projects related to various aspects of biotechnological manufacturing systems as directed
- Conduct bench-scale experiments as directed
- Support bioreactor and other laboratory equipment startup, shutdown, and regular maintenance
- Report any technical problems related to experiments
- Collect sample material as necessary in lab and in field
Test, Collect, Analyze, Validate, and Report Results
- Perform analytical testing
- Collect and analyze data as required
- Assist with the analysis, interpretation and reporting of results in an accurate and timely manner
- Record detailed observations of experiments in laboratory notebook and generate weekly and other summaries of development progress as requested
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 0-2 years of experience in a professional chemical or biochemical laboratory setting plus undergraduate experience with the same
- Experience with: technology scale-up, fermentation, extraction of products from biomass, analytical chemistry, biological systems, water quality testing, bioreactors, automated systems, material properties testing, and polymer formulation is a plus.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, biological sciences or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Full Cycle Bioplastics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.