Head of People
Not All Plastic is Created Equal
Benefiting society, the economy, and our planet
Full Cycle tackles plastic pollution and climate change by transforming organic matter into a compostable alternative to oil-based plastics
Plastic pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from organic waste are two of the most critical environmental challenges facing the planet. Virtually all plastic ever produced still exists, and almost one-third of plastic consumed each year directly pollutes our land, oceans, and food chain. Organic waste is the third largest man-made generator of greenhouse gas emissions and a major contributor to climate change and global warming.
Full Cycle’s Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) bioplastic can be the answer to these problems.
Full Cycle PHA is produced naturally by bacteria using mixed organic waste as raw material. It can replace a wide range of synthetic plastics, yet it is compostable and marine degradable once its useful life is over. It is also cost-competitive with fossil-fuel based alternatives, creating the potential for widespread adoption and scale in both developed and emerging markets. The Full Cycle solution mitigates greenhouse gas emissions, reduces plastic pollution and toxicity effects on land and in the ocean, and sustainably moves the economy towards Circularity. Change the world with us!
Superior PHA Bioplastic
- Full Cycle PHA is 1:1 price-competitive with traditional, synthetic oil-based plastics
- Full Cycle technology uses organic waste as raw material, which is readily available, low cost, with no arable land, expensive cultivation, or food crops
- Full Cycle technology uses non-GMO bacteria, suitable for co-location and non-sterile, industrial operating environments
- Full Cycle PHA is naturally occurring, compostable, marine-degradable, and food-contact safe
- Full Cycle technology takes heterogeneous waste inputs and produces consistent polymer outputs
- After use, organic PHA becomes raw material that can be upcycled again into virgin PHA
Full Cycle replaces traditional “take-make-dispose” consumption cycles with a superior Circular Economy solution
Full Cycle’s circular approach improves waste industry profitability, enables regenerative upcycling of a compostable material, and gives consumers a choice in sustainable packaging material.
Who We Are
Lead R&D Engineer
Co-founder & CTO
Head of Growth
Director of Operations
The Solution to Plastic Pollution
Awards & Recognition
- Fashion for Good
- Elemental Execlerator Member
- Food System 6 Member
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation Circular Materials Challenge Winner
- SXSW Eco Top Startup
- Think Beyond Plastic Most Innovative Company 2016
- SEA Award Grand Prize Winner
- FMI Sustainability Startup Challenge Winner
- OPEN IDEO Food Waste Challenge Top Idea
- Closed Loop Foundation Grantee
- New Plastics Economy Innovation Prize
Interested in working with us? Please fill out the form below!
2120 University Ave Ste 504
Berkeley CA 94704